What is Mesos?
Apache Mesos abstracts CPU, memory, storage, and other compute resources away from machines (physical or virtual), enabling fault-tolerant and elastic distributed systems to easily be built and run effectively.
Mesos is built using the same principles as the Linux kernel, only at a different level of abstraction. The Mesos kernel runs on every machine and provides applications (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Elastic Search) with API’s for resource management and scheduling across entire datacenter and cloud environments.
- Scalability to 10,000s of nodes
- Fault-tolerant replicated master and slaves using ZooKeeper
- Support for Docker containers
- Native isolation between tasks with Linux Containers
- Multi-resource scheduling (memory, CPU, disk, and ports)
- Java, Python and C++ APIs for developing new parallel applications
- Web UI for viewing cluster state
What does VisualOps do for Mesos?
When Mesos improves the developer efficiency, a large-scale Mesos cluster still takes significant efforts and resources to manage. VisualOps integration with Mesos exponentially reduces the efforts of infrastructure planning, resource provisioning, cluster deployment, configuration management and maintainance, etc.
With VisualOps, you can simply focus on creating the business value.